Project Limits: South of SH 225 to North of Jacintoport Blvd./UPRR
Project Length: 4.1 miles
Project Start Date: March 2018
Timeline: The southbound bridge is expected to open to traffic in fall 2021. The northbound bridge is expected to open fall of 2024, completing the project.
Improvements for Drivers:
- The project will include shoulders on both sides for stalled vehicles, emergency vehicles, and clearing accidents
- The bridges will have four 12 ft. lanes in each direction of traffic, increasing capacity for future traffic demands
- Approaches are designed to be less steep and to increase visibility for drivers
- Higher speed limit than the current posted speed
- The proposed bridges will remove piers out of the water which will improve waterborne commerce
Program Construction Costs: Overall cost of $962 million includes design, right-of-way acquisition, utility adjustments, construction, construction management, inspection, and materials testing.
Project Location Map